Rane RPM 2 (RPM2) Programmable DSP Multiprocessor
The RPM 2 is a 100% drag and drop configurable DSP-based device, set up and controlled using Rane's Drag Net software. Industry standard 10Base-T Ethernet is used to communicate between Drag Net devices and any Ethernet-equipped PC running Microsoft Windows.
Drag Net offers the ultimate in signal processing flexibility, allowing you to draw the system you need without signal flow restrictions. Familiar Windows file management tools and Shortcuts are incorporated into Drag Net, allowing complete project management within a single interface.
- The RPM 2 provides two balanced, line-level analog inputs and two balanced analog outputs, each I/O having its own 100% user-defined signal processing path.
- Cost-effective end user control is possible using optional Rane accessories in conjunction with the Versatile Input Port. Whether your application requires contact closure Preset recall or remote level control using a potentiometer on a wall, the RPM 2 keeps the user interface easy and inexpensive.
- Euroblock connectors are provided for audio and logic.
- I/O. Grounding screws for direct connection to the metal chassis are provided for solving EMI problems due to shield wiring. Also found on the rear panel is an RJ-45 Ethernet connector for computer control, and an IEC AC power input.
- All DSP algorithms are not created equally and textbook DSP algorithms miss the mark where the rubber meets the road. Rane's team of audio-savvy DSP mathematicians -- a rare breed itself -- in conjunction with our industry-leading analog signal processing gurus have combined forces to offer superlative digital and analog audio performance. With 24-bit converters, greater than 104 dB throughput dynamic range and double-precision 48-bit internal DSP 'math,' the RPM 2 offers the best DSP algorithms and audio performance available. See the RaneNote "Superior Audio Requires Fixed-Point DSPs" for more information, available from the Rane website.
- This ain't no Internet appliance! For example, the RPM 2's 215 MIPs translate into 150 fully parametric EQ filters, should you need multiple channels of 15 band parametrics and nothing else.
- Multiple units are controlled from a single computer using low-cost Ethernet switches. The recessed Default button on the rear panel recalls Preset 1 in case of communications failure. The front panel has three-color LED meters for each input and output, allowing fast and intuitive signal flow verification without a computer. Control Port, Power, Ethernet and Status indicators are also on the front panel. Powered from an internal power supply and certified as UL, CSA and CE complient, the RPM 2 is compatible with any installation mandating agency compliance.